2016 Staffing Trends
It’s that time of year again: new trends, emerging skill sets, growing opportunity, etc. Let’s take a look at what we are expecting in this beautiful and ever-changing world of recruiting and staffing.
What we can expect in 2016:
- According to LinkedIn’s Global Staffing Trends 2016 report, this year “shows a common denominator between the rising trends: relationships.” This theme ties into everything from new challenges to opportunities ahead.
- There will be an increased focus on recruiting passive talent, which will require more time-building exercises. It’s becoming more and more important for firms to build relationships (there’s that word again) with clients and candidates.
- Not much of a surprise here: recruitment firms are getting more competitive than ever. 2016 is the year to differentiate you from current and potential competitors, including in-house recruiters.
- It’s fair to say that recruitment firms have not always been as brand/marketing conscious as they maybe should be. But, in the whirlwind that is recruiting, it’s hard to find the time – we understand. However, 2016 is projecting that well-branded firms will get getting the most business. Think of this as a play-off of trend #3 – time to differentiate!
- The debate between quality and quantity continue. We all use job boards and social media, however it is projected that in 2016, social platforms may be the sweet spot. Time to update that LinkedIn!
- According to LinkedIn’s Talent Trends 2015 report, 73% of polled professionals are interested in hearing from staffing firms. What does this mean? Passive candidates can potentially be the highest quality for 2016.
- According to LinkedIn, 39% of hiring managers still agree that the quality of the hire in relation to their level of work is still the most important performance metric for staffing firms.
Building communities of your pipeline and potential (passive) candidates and growing strong relationships with your clients are undoubtedly the root to the 2016 trends.
We’d love to talk more! Reach out or comment below with any questions or suggestions!
We are looking forward to 2016 – we have a feeling it will be the best year Agile has ever had. We’d love you along for the ride – contact us today!