Tricia Dempsey has been the driving force behind the growth and success of IT recruiting firm, Agile. From the day she launched the company, Tricia has been a passionate leader dedicated to the highest standards in IT recruiting. Her tireless commitment to excellence is demonstrated in her professional life and her advocacy for charitable causes that support women and children.
Tricia entered the IT staffing industry in 1996, serving in a variety of recruiting leadership positions before starting Agile in 2003. She has worked with clients from Fortune 100 companies to mid-market and emerging organizations. Tricia’s experience in technology staffing and professional services extends to industries including healthcare, financial services, media, technology, telecommunications, transportation, manufacturing, and more.
Tricia founded Agile at a time in her life when most people wouldn’t think of launching a company. She was in the midst of a battle against Stage 3 breast cancer. Through it all, Agile flourished – and has been recognized for its significant growth. Agile has consistently been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. by Inc. Magazine, Staffing Industry Analysts and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. Most recently, Agile has been recognized as one of Staffing Industry Analyst’s 2017 Best Staffing Firms to Work For across the nation.
Tricia’s commitment to Agile is matched by a passion for service to the Atlanta community. She served as the Director on the Women in Technology (WIT) board and as the 2015 Marketing Committee Chairperson, and as a Director on the board of Susan G. Komen–Greater Atlanta Affiliate. In 2004, Tricia founded Agile on the Green, the Atlanta technology industry’s premiere golf charity benefitting the Susan G. Komen–Greater Atlanta Affiliate and has raised over $320,000.
Tricia and Agile have been widely recognized for community impact with honors and awards including:
- 2016 Women in Technology’s Small Business Woman of the Year
- 2015 Dress for Success Atlanta Champion for Success
- 2014 The Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce Small Business Person of the Year
- 2013 Atlanta Business Chronicle Pacesetter Award and Top Ten Fastest Growing Women Owned Firms
- 2012 and 2013 Staffing Industry Analysts names Agile one of the Fastest Growing Firms in the nation
- 2012 Atlanta Metro Chamber of Commerce “Small Business Person of the Year” Finalist
- 2011 Sixth Fastest Growing Women-Owned Company in Atlanta
- 2010 Top 10 Contingency Staffing Firms in Atlanta
- 2009 and 2011 Turknett Leadership Nominee
- 2009 WIT Enterprise Women of the Year Finalist
- 2007 GWEN Award for driving business results and community change
- 2007 Atlanta Business Chronicle “Top 40 Under 40” Award
A native of Wilmington, Delaware, Tricia was a basketball scholarship recipient and Academic All-American. She graduated Summa Cum Laude from Georgia State University with a B.A. in Education and later earned her M.S. in Education at the same university.
Tricia lives in Cumming with her husband, Jeff, and daughter, Catherine. The Dempsey family enjoys spending time together boating on Lake Keowee and are avid fans of Georgia Tech football.