Key Tips and Guidelines for Creating a Compelling Technical Resume
- Include all your personal contact information including cell, e-mail, and LinkedIn profile.
- If you include an objective, make sure it matches the position you’re seeking.
- Include a summary of both your professional and technical skills.
- Create a technical skills section that includes all the technology you know and have experience using.
- In the experience section of your resume, list your experience in reverse chronological order (i.e. starting with the most recent job). Under each position, identify your employer and the work you did for this job. Be specific about your role in the projects. Make sure you include all of the technology you used in each position. The most important thing managers want to see is where you gained your technical knowledge.
- Make sure you specify which positions were contract. These positions are typically shorter than permanent positions, and this will explain why you were in the position for a shorter time.
- If you are involved in user groups or professional organizations, list them. This will highlight your industry expertise in different areas.
- Include all your education, certifications, and training.
Download the Resource to see the Technical Resume example!